Friday, March 3, 2017

For without Him we can do nothing

Hello everyone, the past couple weeks have been super busy, and super good! A lot happened, most of which I'll just touch on.
We started a new transfer, which means we got to pick up new missionaries! We spent the day with 14 brand new missionaries. Elder Wilson and I say that is the best day of the transfer, because there is such a powerful spirit with all of the missionaries who just arrive to the field! They are so eager to work and full of faith, it's beautiful.
Along with all of the meetings that come at the beginning of each transfer, we also had Mission Leadership Council on Tuesday. Elder Wilson and I gave a training on the power and authority of our calling as missionaries. There were some incredible insights from the amazing Zone and Sister Training Leaders throughout the mission. They are also a powerful group of individuals that is continually sacrificing more to seek more power to do the Lord's will. I'm so grateful to be around them, and President and Sister Taggart. The most prominent comment came from John 15: "4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."
As members of the church of Jesus Christ on the earth, we are "grafted into the true vine". Inasmuch as we make that graft complete through obedience to our covenants, we are nourished and strengthened by Christ Himself. When we cut ourselves off from that power through sins like laziness, disobedience, apathy, and pride, we wither away and bring forth no fruit. 
The highlight of my week was the opportunity we had this morning to attend the temple. What an incredible blessing. I know that God lives and that He is ever mindful of His children. I know that He provided a Savior to redeem mankind. I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the gospel, and I have dedicated my life to sharing it.
I love you all!
-Elder Francis
1) MLC prep..
2) MLC!
3-5) Temple Trip!






No comments:

Post a Comment