Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Week 2 in California

We took this on Saturday during exchanges haha. I was with elder Purnell and we visited a less active lady and her kids. They have 6 snakes! This is Fred. He is a baby Python, only about a year old. He will get up to 7 feet long. Haha it was terrifying, but awesome (that's the expression on my face in that picture). Like most of my mission.


There is a tree right outside of our balcony, so I jumped over to it. Our apartment is really nice. We have a washer and dryer, so we usually get missionaries coming over on Mondays to do laundry. We call our apartment complex Little India, because there are a ton of Indians (not native Americans) that live there. They are always throwing pool parties and stuff haha. Most of them don't speak English as far as I know, so we don't talk to them too much.


Elder Burks and I are still trying super hard to find people to teach! Not a whole lot of success yet, but I am hopeful! I know that we will be blessed for our efforts! Our week was good for the most part! We taught about 15 lessons, which is the goal that president has made for the mission. The snake lady was probably the most exciting part of the week. We have been tracting quite a bit and visiting former investigators and outdated referrals, just trying to find people to teach. We have one guy that might be showing some promise, but only time will tell, we have to start teaching him first haha, he is hard to get ahold of.
I am getting fed very well by the members, we get authentic Mexican food a couple times a week, and I have yet to have a dinner that isn't delicious! Hopefully I'll gain some weight haha, everyone out here is so much bigger than me...
Here is my companion, Elder Kai Burks. He is from IF! He went to bonneville and knows kelsie and Justin and the capsons! He is a funny guy and we are getting closer as time goes on. He has a good heart and a strong desire to work hard.

The weather here in Cali is incredible! It is almost always sunny, there is constantly a cool, ocean breeze, and it rarely gets past 90 degrees. And there are palm trees everywhere! It'll take a couple weeks to fully adjust to the heat, but I already love it.


PS..Guess what I just did?!  One of the elders in my mission is a world class boxer that represented Tonga in the Olympics! And I just boxed him. He did not hold back... He destroyed me. I've never been hit so hard in my life. I lasted about 2 minutes and then my companion called it. I got in maybe 2 shots haha. But now I can say I've boxed a world class boxer. My jaw is gonna be sore tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment