Monday, April 3, 2017

Be of good cheer, for I will lead you along

What an incredible week!! We finished off the transfer with MLC, Zone
Trainings, the Prince of Peace initiative, and General Conference, or
in other words, I just felt the Spirit all week long! Transfers are
also today, and my new companion is Elder Perez Perez, a fantastic
missionary from the Spanish program who comes from Venezuela. He will
be an incredible assistant and I am so excited to work with him. He
was trained by my last companion Elder Wilson, who finishes his
mission tomorrow morning. We get to take him to the airport together!
Where do I begin?? General Conference was so amazing! I could talk for
days about insights I received and notes I took, but today I only want
to say that I know that Thomas S Monson is a prophet of God, and that
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's kingdom on
the Earth.
We had two investigators watch General Conference, and they both loved
it. After doing all that we could do to help them attend, conference
began and neither of them showed up, and we were disappointed. I
thought to myself, "What more can we do to help them come? What more
could we have done?" These are common thoughts of a missionary haha.
At that moment, however, a scripture came to mind, "let us cheerfully
do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with
the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to
be revealed." I received a witness of the Spirit that we had done all
that was in our power, so with a prayer I placed our investigators in
the hands of the Lord and felt great peace. In the hands of the Lord
is the best place for our investigators to be. By a miracle, both of
our investigators were able to attend conference! The arm of God was
indeed revealed this weekend, not only in the talks given at
conference, but in those who attended.
This upcoming transfer will be crazy and busy, and I am nervous about
training a new assistant and taking over the area again, but I know
that if Elder Perez and I can qualify for the Spirit, we can do
whatever the Lord needs us to do. I have faith in the scripture in D&C
78:18, "And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good
cheer, for I will lead you along." I truly know that the Lord will
lead us along. Have a great week everyone!

-Elder Francis
1)MLC
2-3)Santa Ana Central Zone Training
4)Saying goodbyes
5) Elder Perez Perez




No comments:

Post a Comment