Saturday, April 29, 2017

And all these things shall be added unto you

Hello everyone! We've had such a fantastic week here in Anaheim! We
got to go on two exchanges and I got to go with some of my good
friends Elder Beddes and Elder Porter. One of my favorite things about
this assignment is being able to serve around such incredible
missionaries who love the Lord and know how to serve Him. We talked
with everyone we saw, and I saw a pretty awesome blessing as a result:
We saw a woman at her car and approached her. She tried to ignore us
and wasn't giving us much to work with. I Began asking about her
family, but she interrupted me, "What is your shoe size?" Honestly, I
wasn't expecting that. Confused, and a little stunned, I hesitantly
responded, "uhhh 10&1/2". "Perfect," she said, "Elder Francis, these
are for you." She proceeded to pull a brand new box of Adidas out of
her car and place them in my hands. I was kind of in shock, and tried
to refuse.  She was very persistent, and eventually I complied. I
mean, they were exactly size 10&1/2!
As it turns out, she wasn't interested in the gospel in the slightest,
but the scriptures were fulfilled which say, "Therefore take no
thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or,
Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all
these things shall be added unto you."
Last night we found a young couple, Eric and Jasmine, who just moved
from New York, are about to have their first baby, and want to find a
new church. They received the Restoration with such humility and
sincerity, and the Spirit was powerful. They were so so grateful that
we came by, and are eager to learn more! The Lord has led us to some
truly prepared individuals that we are working with right now, and we
have several that will hopefully be baptized in the next month.
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks for reading everyone, I love you!
-Elder Francis

1) my new shoes
2) hike with the Santa Ana South Zone this morning


No comments:

Post a Comment