Tuesday, January 10, 2017

If ye will have faith in me...

It's been an awesome week and a great way to end the transfer here in Anaheim! Elder Wilson and I will be staying together! We also get to have a tag along for the next week, Elder Valenzuela from the spanish program. He is leaving back to Guatemala next week after completing his mission, so he gets to spend his last week with us! He's been a Zone Leader and is an awesome example, so we are excited to have him with us!
We put our investigator Nick Garcia on date this last week!! We had an awesome lesson with one of his fellowshippers. He has had a hard time keeping his commitments lately, and during our lesson he was saying, "Ultimately, I just want to be saved. That is my greatest desire." We thought for a minute, then opened up to Moroni 7:33-34, which says: 
"33 And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me.
34 And he hath said: Repent all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, and have faith in me, that ye may be saved."
He read that and said, "Wow... those verses are for me.... I've been going round and round circles with you guys. To move forward, I need to commit. Commitment is what I need. I need to be baptized." Yes Nick! Yes you do! So he committed to be baptized on January 29th! We are very excited for him.
We had MLC this week, and Elder Wilson and I got to give a training on setting goals! Then we were able to attend two Zone Trainings and see it get taught to the mission. It's kind of a weird feeling sitting in a training meeting that you gave. The spirit was so strong in all 3 meetings, and I know that it is the true teacher.
We also got to go on two exchanges this last week, which was a blast! I love getting to serve around the incredible missionaries here. I was able to go with an Elder Reinsch and an Elder Lindsey. It was so much fun! We are so excited for the upcoming transfer and have set some high goals, and I know that the Lord will bless us for it! I love you all!

-Elder Francis
1. MLC
2, 3.  Zone training



No comments:

Post a Comment